CERTIFICATE IN TEACHING ENGLISH TO YOUNG LEARNERS
Who is this course for? Employers recognise that further training is an essential requirement for any teacher wishing to enter the young learner classroom successfully, as most initial training courses focus on teaching adults. Young learners represent an increasing proportion of the ELT market. This course is aimed at teachers who would like to move into this area of ELT, improve their practical classroom skills and gather ideas for teaching young learner classes effectively. What will you learn? This course covers a range of topics for teaching students aged between 3-9 years. It will help you gain a deeper understanding of how to effectively teach young learners. This course is suitable for kindergarten teachers and tutors who are keen to specialize in teaching English to Young Learners.
- Managing learning o Characteristics of young learners
- Essential skills for the YL teacher
- Classroom management and Planning for YL classes
- Creating optimal conditions for learning
- Lesson planning
- Presenting and practicing language
- Teaching activities and resources and Using a course book
- Storytelling, games and activities and Projects based learning
The Certificate in Teaching English To Young Learners (TEYL) is assessed via a combination of teaching practice and written assignments.
In order for you to gain entry into the Certificate Teaching English To Young Learners (TEYL), all applicants should meet the following entry requirement:
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English
- Preferably, students should have a TESOL equivalent qualification.
- Relevant teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate in Teaching English To Young Learners (TEYL) from The TESOL Training Centre.
Online course fee - CAD300.00